Skip to main content

Chicago History

There are many parts to Chicago History but one important event I will be focusing on is the Great Chicago Fire. The Great Chicago Fire was a fire that occurred October 8th, 1871 to October 10th, 1871. Sunday to Tuesday. Just by the dates you can already notice that the fire took a while to put out.  This fire in Chicago killed up to 300 people, destroyed 17,500 buildings, and destroyed 2,000 lampposts. This was roughly 3.3 square miles of Chicago that was destroyed. The fire also left 100,000 residents homeless. There are many different beliefs on how the fire started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First post

Hello, this is my first ever blog and blog post. I look forward to having you read my blog. Hope you enjoy! Ms. Haury if your reading this your the best teacher in the world!🍎 ~ Maya A.

If I was President

If I was President If I was President I would try to be the best. I would make sure there are never any tests. Currently there are many protests, We may have opinions about different things but we need to have respect Wether it's about the public Press or school having fun less, If I was President I would try my best. I think being President would be so fun. I would love to live in the White House. It is so big and beautiful. Hopefully I can get to be the 1st lady President which I doubt because I would have to wait  24 years. I wish kid presidents existed.

Writer or singer

I think I would rather be famous from singing than writing because I would enjoy it a lot more and I feel that fans of singers will be much more enthusiastic. If I was a singer I would also be writing so it would be a mix of both. I would especially love to be heard by the world instead of being read by world and be less seen in person. I would be able to go on tour and be able to sing in front of all my fans from anywhere around the world.